The Kaleidoscope Rangoli Pilot (Rangoli) is a City of Stirling’s effort to understand the barriers faced by secondary visa holders on work/family/bridging visas towards securing employment commensurate with their skills and experience.
Rangoli will investigate the challenges to economic participation through undertaking focus groups and research into the specific needs of this community. Where possible, these challenges and barriers will be addressed through a appropriate job-readiness program to enable the group to participate fully in the successful Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program (KMP).
The project aims to connect with newcomers who have
- recently migrated to Western Australia,
- a minimum of post-secondary education equivalent to a diploma or a degree, and
- at least two years of international experience in their profession.
Phase 1: Focus Group/Interviews – Participant Eligibility
- secondary visa holder on work/family/bridging visas
- have a minimum post-secondary education equivalent to a diploma or degree
- have a minimum of two years of international work experience in their profession
- have limited or no Australian work experience in your profession/industry
- are currently unemployed or underemployed (i.e. not working in your field of expertise)
Each participant will also receive a $20 Coles-Myer gift card once they complete the focus group session or interview.
Phase 2: Rangoli Mentoring Program
In Phase two, Rangoli will select 10 mentees on secondary visa holders from the City of Stirling to participate in a modified Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program.
The dates of the Mentoring Program will be as follows:
30 January 2020 Job Readiness Day 1 Training for mentees
6 February 2020: Job Readiness Day 2 Training for mentee
6 February 2020: KMP 2020 Cycle 1 starts with the Orientation Session
7 May 2020: KMP 2020 Cycle 1 concludes with the Graduation Ceremony
For further information please contact Krishna Karangiya, Rangoli Project Officer, T: 08 9205 8368 | M: 0457 806 153 | E: email@example.com