Migrant women job readiness
A job readiness workshop series for migrant women has been designed to improve the employability skills of migrant women across Western Australia affected by COVID-19 and to boost their employability.
Workshops run monthly, over five days, during school hours from 9.00am to 2.30pm and are delivered in two streams:
- Job Readiness Essentials
- Job Readiness Advanced
- Developing your networking skills
- Develop a career strategy
- Cover letters
- Interview skills
- Australian workplace culture
- LinkedIn for job searching
- Wellness, family and work planning.
To attend the series, you must:
1. Be a migrant woman
2. Have vocational English language to perform effectively in the workplace of your field (level 3 certificate or higher)
3. Commit to attend all five workshops.
Make a choice:
Choose the workshop that is suitable for your needs and circumstances. There are two streams of workshops:
Job Readiness Essentials is designed for migrant women who:
1. Have limited or no work experience in either their home country or Australia.
Job Readiness Advanced is designed for migrant women who are:
1. Either transitioning to a new job or career or reconnecting to their career after a career break (less than 5 years)
2. Have work experience either their home country or Australia.
Job Readiness Advanced
Register now for advanced training
Location: Dayton Community Centre, 211 Arthur St, Dayton
8 – 12 November 2021