Group photo taken at the MWJR October workshop
Migrant women job readiness
A job readiness workshop series for migrant women has been designed to improve the employability skills of migrant women across Western Australia affected by COVID-19 and to boost their employability.
Workshops run monthly, over five days, during school hours from 9.00am to 2.30pm.
- Developing your networking skills
- Develop a career strategy
- Cover letters
- Interview skills
- Australian workplace culture
- LinkedIn for job searching
- Wellness, family and work planning.
To attend the series, you must:
1. Be a migrant woman
2. Have vocational English language to perform effectively in the workplace of your field (level 3 certificate or higher)
3. Commit to attend all five days of the workshop.
This workshop series is designed for women who have limited or no work experience in either their home country or Australia. It is also suitable for women who are transitioning to a new job/career or reconnecting to their career after a break (less than 5 years).
Location: Hillview Intercultural Community Centre, Bentley
18 July – 22 July 2022