Where to look
Online recruitment platforms
In Australia, many employers use online platforms to advertise jobs. The following websites are the most commonly used by Australian employers:
- Jobs and Skills WA offers Western Australian-specific information about 500+ occupations. Search the Occupations A-Z list for your job and information about the skills needed, labour market information, and education and training pathways.
- Job Outlook is a national directory that provides information about Australian careers, labour market trends, and employment projections. It also offers information on skills and knowledge required and the work environment.
- JobActive – the Australian government’s jobs board.
- MySkills is a national directory of Vocational Education and Training (VET). The site provides information about nationally recognised training, training providers that deliver the courses, and the qualification level required to work in your chosen occupation.
- The Australian Jobs Report provides labour market information about industries and occupations on a national level and for all states, territories, and regions.
- The Labour Market Information Portal – latest data offers a host of information ranging from employment regions data to employment projections to Employers’ Recruitment Insights.
- Seek – Australia’s number one employment, career and recruitment website.
- CareerOne – search thousands of Australia’s jobs.
- Ethicaljobs – search for job vacancies relating to community, the environment, not-for-profit and social enterprise.
- Jora – search for Australian-based jobs drawn from many job platforms.
Large companies and government organisations will also have career or vacancy pages on their own websites.
The Western Australian government has a jobs board that lists all vacancies across Western Australian state government departments.
The City of Stirling lists all vacancies on its website.
Employers may also use recruitment agencies to find suitable candidates for jobs. Registering with a recruitment agency may increase your exposure and help identify jobs that may not be advertised anywhere else.
Check out this article for tips on using recruitment agencies to find jobs.
Read more about how Refugee Talent and Migrant Talent are unlocking potential.