Whether you are mentoring or being mentored, there are tools and resources to help you in your partnership.
KMP Mentoring Tools
NOTE: Word documents will automatically be downloaded in your browser.
- Code of conduct
- Partnership Goal Setting (word doc)
- Partnership Infographic
- Initial Assessment for Job Search Skills (word doc)
- Dealing with Emotional Reactions
- Sample Agendas for Partnership Meetings
- Mentoring Basics for Mentors
- Sample Action Plan Template (word doc)
- Typical Tasks in Preparation for the Performance Appraisal Meeting
- Sample Feedback Language
- Unwritten Rules of the workplace
- Comparison of Cultural Differences at work - Attitudes, Problem Solving, Decision making, and Evaluations
- Cross-Cultural Comparison-Networking Practices
- Cultural Competency self assessment
- Strategies for Effective Cross-Cultural Communication
- e-learning module 1 - Motivate your mentee
- e-learning module 2 - Produce standout resumes/curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letters
- e-learning module 3 - Enrich your mentee’s networking skills
- e-learning module 4 - Help your mentee master the job interview
The Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program is being implemented under a partnership between the City of Stirling, the City of Canning and Metropolitan Migrant Resource Centre and is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services and the Western Australian Government. The Program has been created in consultation with the Toronto Regional Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC). Their successful TRIEC Mentoring Partnership program is the model for mentoring programs across Canada and internationally.