What is our Mentoring Program about?
The Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program (KMP) helps newcomers (migrants and refugees) professionals reconnect with their careers by connecting them with a mentor from their own profession/industry in Australia to guide and mentor them. Having the guidance, encouragement and support of a trusted and experienced mentor can provide a mentee with a broad range of personal and professional benefits.
For mentees, some key benefits of mentoring include:
- Exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses
- Guidance on professional development and advancement
- Increased visibility and recognition within the professional network
- The opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge
- Improved understanding of the Australian workplace culture
- An insight into the mentee’s profession/industry
- Occupationally specific professional networks to assist with career goals.
KMP online information sessions
Interested to find out more? We are running online information sessions to explain the application process and the eligibility criteria. You can register for our online information session. Registration is essential and places are strictly limited!
Online Mentee information session
- Tuesday 23 November | 12pm – 1pm
Ready to apply?
If you are ready to get started you can submit your application via the link below.
- Click here for more information on becoming a KMP mentee and the eligibility criteria.
- Click here to view frequently asked questions on becoming a mentee.
- You can review the questions from the mentee application here before applying.
The three-month mentoring program will run from February 2022 through to May 2022. Scroll down to view the program timeline.
Applications will close on 26 November 2021.
Timeline for KMP 2022 – Cycle 1
|12 Oct 2021||Applications open for mentees|
|Year round||Applications open for mentors|
|26 Nov 2021||Applications close for mentees|
|17 Dec 2021||Mentees and mentors receive notification of their mentoring match. Need to confirm match by 20 December 2021.|
|24 Jan 2022||Mentee induction session (online evening)|
|1 – 4 Feb 2022||Mentee Job-readiness Workshop sessions|
|4 Feb 2022||Mentee invoice payments due|
|8 Feb 2022||Mentor induction, training and networking session (online evening)|
|17 Feb 2022||KMP 2022 C1 orientation session (evening)|
|9 or 14 Mar 2022||Cultural Competency sessions – attend only one session|
|23 Mar 2022||Career Mindset|
|27 Apr 2022||Mentee training superannuation and contracts|
|18 May 2022||KMP 2022 C1 Graduation Ceremony (evening)|
*Dates subject to change.
The Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program is being implemented under a partnership between the City of Stirling, the City of Canning, the City of Swan and Metropolitan Migrant Resource Centre and is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services and the Western Australian Government through the Office of Multicultural Interests. The Program has been created in consultation with the Toronto Regional Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC). Their successful TRIEC Mentoring Partnership program is the model for mentoring programs across Canada and internationally.