Kaleidoscope in partnership with WA Government Jobs and Skills Centres and MercyCare Jobs and Skills Centre organises workshop series targeted to the newcomer (migrant and refugee) professionals. These workshops are designed to boost the job-readiness and employability of newcomers by providing them with tools to seek, secure and maintain professional jobs in Australia.
The following topics will be covered in these workshops:
- Understanding Australian Workplace Culture
- Developing a Career Strategy
- CV/Resume and Selection Criteria
- Using LinkedIn for job-search
- Effective Networking skills
- Effective Interview skills
These sessions are generally scheduled to start at 9:30 AM and conclude at 2:30 PM on all workshop days so parents with school-going children can also attend. However, some series may be scheduled at an alternate time for operational reasons.
Upcoming Job-readiness Workshops
Indian Society of WA – Kaleidoscope Job-readiness Workshops
- Dates : 15 March 2020 & 22 March 2020 (both Sundays)
- Time : 12.00 PM – 05.30 PM (both days)
- Venue : Indian Society of WA, 58 Burrendah Boulevard, Willetton, WA 6155
- Register : Please RSVP using this link latest by 12 March 2020
Iranian Community of WA – Kaleidoscope Job-readiness Workshops
- Dates : 09 April 2020 & 16 April 2020 (both Thursdays)
- Time : 05.00 PM to 08.00 PM (both days)
- Venue : Iranian Community of WA, 80 Albert Street, Osborne Park, WA 6017
- Register : Please RSVP using this link latest by 05 April 2020
- The organisers strongly recommend that you attend all the session on both days to get the maximum benefit out of these workshops.
- The organisers reserve the right to reschedule the workshop sessions for reasons beyond their control.
- Workshop participants may be photographed or filmed during the course of the event. By attending a Kaleidoscope event, you agree to be photographed or filmed and give consent that these images may be used for media or promotional purposes. Kaleidoscope Initiative will consider reasonable requests to not be photographed or filmed. Please advise the event organisers if you do not wish to be photographed.