Kaleidoscope Initiative in partnership with Jobs and Skills Centre and MercyCare Inc has organised a series of workshops targeted to the newcomer (migrant and refugee) professionals in May and June 2019. These workshops are designed to boost the job-readiness and employability of newcomers by providing them with tools to seek, secure and maintain professional jobs in Australia.
The following topics will be covered in these workshops:
- Understanding Australian Workplace Culture
- Developing a Career Strategy
- CV/Resume and Selection Criteria
- Using LinkedIn for job-search
- Effective Networking skills
- Effective Interview skills
Please choose a workshop series from the following options that you can attend all sessions:
- Thornlie JSC Job-Readiness Series 1 (2 & 9 May 2019)
- Balga JSC Job-Readiness Series 1 (14 & 21 May 2019)
- Thornlie JSC Job-Readiness Series 2 (24 & 30 May 2019)
- Thornlie JSC Job-Readiness Series 3 (13 & 20 June 2019)
- Balga JSC Job-Readiness Series 2 (13 & 20 June 2019)
Please note that our sessions start at 9:30 AM and conclude at 2:30 PM on all workshop days. Please plan accordingly.
Attendance at all the workshops of a series will also help the newcomers fulfil the Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program‘s (KMP) mandatory eligibility criteria of being job-ready to become a KMP mentee. KMP connects the mentees with an Australian professional from mentee’s chosen profession/industry to guide the mentee on KMP’s WIN model through a mentoring relationship over three months.
View the workshops in the event calendar.