What is our Mentoring Program about?
The Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program (KMP) helps newcomers (migrants and refugees) professionals reconnect with their careers by connecting them with a mentor from their own profession/industry in Australia to guide and mentor them. Having the guidance, encouragement and support of a trusted and experienced mentor can provide a mentee with a broad range of personal and professional benefits.
For mentees, some key benefits of mentoring include:
- Exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses
- Guidance on professional development and advancement
- Increased visibility and recognition within the professional network
- The opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge
- Improved understanding of the Australian workplace culture
- An insight into the mentee’s profession/industry
- Occupationally specific professional networks to assist with career goals.
Ready to apply?
We are currently accepting expressions of interest from mentees for 2022 – Cycle 2 which runs from August to November 2022. Please complete the below Expression of Interest form and we will contact you when the application period opens in June.
- Click here for more information on becoming a KMP mentee and the eligibility criteria.
- Click here to view frequently asked questions on becoming a mentee.
Timeline for KMP 2022 – Cycle 1
The three-month mentoring program runs from February 2022 through to May 2022. Scroll down to view the program timeline.
|12 Oct 2021||Applications open for mentees|
|Year round||Applications open for mentors|
|12 Dec 2021||Applications close for mentees|
|17 Dec 2021||Mentees and mentors receive notification of their mentoring match. Need to confirm match by 20 December 2021.|
|24 Jan 2022||Mentee induction session (online evening)|
|28 Jan 2022||Mentee invoice payments due|
|31 Jan – 3 Feb 2022||Mentee Job-readiness Workshop sessions|
|8 Feb 2022||Mentor induction, training and networking session (online evening)|
|17 Feb 2022||KMP 2022 C1 Orientation session (online evening)|
|9 or 14 Mar 2022||Cultural Competency sessions (online evening) – attend only one session|
|31 Mar 2022||Career Mindset (online evening)|
|23 May 2022||KMP 2022 C1 Graduation Ceremony (evening)|
*Dates subject to change.
The Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program is being implemented under a partnership between the City of Stirling, the City of Canning, the City of Swan and Metropolitan Migrant Resource Centre and is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services and the Western Australian Government through the Office of Multicultural Interests. The Program has been created in consultation with the Toronto Regional Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC). Their successful TRIEC Mentoring Partnership program is the model for mentoring programs across Canada and internationally.