Kaleidoscope Initiative is an award-winning team that has been working with organisations and newcomers since 2017 to harness the economic benefits of migration by supporting newcomers to obtain employment in their field of expertise and building the capacity of employers to harness the rewards of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Our mission is twofold, to:
- Build Australian leaders to become stronger advocates for achieving business innovation, workforce cohesion and high-performance teams through diversity and inclusion.
- Empower newcomers through employment outcomes to integrate and belong faster and fully into the community (socially, economically, psychologically).
“Knowing more makes me more confident moving forward. I need that confidence especially when managing uncertainty.”L Fordham
We have delivered face-to-face training to hundreds of participants from the corporate, public and not-for-profit sector. We know diversity and inclusion training is a critical part of building an organisation’s culture to harness the benefits of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Our training programs are designed to delve deeper than introduction cultural awareness training enabling the organisation to actually harness the diversity within its team to benefit the individual participant and the organisation.
Participants will leave the training with the framework, knowledge, skills and confidence on how to gain maximum benefit for themselves, their work teams and the organisation from your culturally diverse work teams.
Benefits to individual
- Undertake an individual and team assessment on their cultural awareness and engagement skills so that they can work well with team members from alternative cultural backgrounds.
- Gain practical tools and strategies to apply at work.
- Understand own strengths and pitfalls in intercultural communication.
- Be motivated to develop own intercultural strategies by understanding how neuroscience and culture work.
- Finding joy in working in culturally diverse teams.
- Increased confidence in intercultural interaction by understanding the challenges of cultural differences.
- Be motivated and willing to take advantage of culturally diverse team.
- Agree on processes for communication among culturally diverse team members.
- Be positive in developing own intercultural competences further.
“Regardless of culture, keeping these things in mind in the workplace, in my experience, can make a huge difference to your enjoyment and feeling of satisfaction in the workplace.”C Caughey
Benefits to organisations
- Improved staff retention and team performance.
- Ensure new starters and current staff with different cultural backgrounds feel confident and comfortable working together.
- Improve the productivity of work teams.
- Improve engagement of work teams.
- Gain maximum benefit from your culturally diverse work teams.
- Ensure your work team’s culture is ready to embed new team members and has a proven framework for success.
- Managers, supervisors, and staff will have the framework, skills, and confidence to have hard conversations where necessary as it relates to cultural differences and similarities.
“Understanding that everyone sees the same things differently because of past experience.”L Dimmer
If you would like to know more about our training and how it can benefit your organisation, please contact Matt Gray, Business Development Officer – Kaleidoscope Initiative.
T: 08 9205 7765 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org