- This event has passed.
Migrant Women Job Readiness – online workshop
March 14 @ 9:00 am - March 18 @ 2:30 pmFree
A job readiness workshop series for migrant women has been designed to improve the employability skills of migrant women across Western Australia affected by COVID-19 and to boost their employability.
The workshop will run online over five days, during school hours from 9.00am to 2.30pm.
- Developing your networking skills
- Develop a career strategy
- Cover letters
- Interview skills
- Australian workplace culture
- LinkedIn for job searching
- Wellness, family and work planning.
To attend the series, you must:
1. Be a migrant woman
2. Have vocational English language to perform effectively in the workplace of your field (level 3 certificate or higher)
3. Commit to attend all five workshops.
4. You will need a computer, laptop or tablet and internet access for each day of this online workshop. If you don’t have access to a suitable device please advise upon registration and we can provide information on where and how to book a computer at a public library.
This workshop is designed for women who have limited or no work experience in either their home country or Australia. It is also suitable for women who are transitioning to a new job/career or reconnecting to their career after a break (less than 5 years).
Registrations will close Thursday 10 March 2022.