- This event has passed.
Kaleidoscope Cultural Diversity Training
May 17 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
This training program is aimed at building cultural competency through assisting organisations to develop the awareness, knowledge and skills required to engage effectively with newcomers to perform effectively with multicultural clients and customers and work-teams.
The course will cover the following themes:
- Culture: How it impacts on our behaviour, attitudes, values and how we interact with others.
- Cross-cultural communication: Understanding cultural differences and strategies for communicating effectively in culturally diverse environments.
- Our multicultural community: Current issues/ trends, and tips for effectively engaging with newcomers and multicultural communities.
The course is facilitated by employees from the City of Stirling’s Kaleidoscope Initiative.
Working effectively in a multicultural environment
By the end of this session participants should be equipped with:
- Knowledge of cultural diversity and migration trends in Perth.
- Understanding of culture and how it impacts on values, attitudes, communication and behaviour.
- Identify how different cultures may impact on the workplace and work team.
- Intercultural engagement and communication skills.
- Knowledge of data sources that can assist in identifying community needs/trends.
Who Will Benefit from this Training
Employees who work in roles where they are required to provide a service to, communicate and/or consult with members of the public.
Employees who work in supervisor, coordinator or management positions where they are required to plan for the needs of our diverse communities.
Employees who work with or wish to work with diverse and inclusive work teams.
Participants at Kaleidoscope Initiative events may be photographed or filmed during the course of the event. By participating at a Kaleidoscope event you agree to be photographed or filmed, and that these images may be used for media or promotional purposes. Kaleidoscope Initiative will consider reasonable requests to not be photographed or filmed. Please advise the event organisers if you don’t wish to be photographed.