Do you have at least two years of experience in your occupational field with good industry networks? Are you looking to give back and develop your leadership skills? Do you want to help a newcomer (migrant and refugee) from your industry to succeed in Western Australia?
If you answered yes, then the Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program is for you!
What is the Kaleidoscope Mentoring Program?
This program helps highly skilled newcomer (migrants and refugees) professionals to reconnect with their careers in Western Asutralia with the help of a mentor in their field. Newcomers bring talent, innovation and international expertise with them but they need your support, insight and networks to succeed.
Why become a mentor?
Mentors are leaders in their industry looking to give back to their professional communities. They coach people to achieve their full potential and work effectively with people from different backgrounds and experiences.
As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to:
- develop your coaching, communication and leadership skills
- develop your cross-cultural competency in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- share knowledge and experiences about your industry/profession
- motivate and support skilled newcomers to fulfil their potential.
How to become a mentor?
To register your interest to become a mentor, submit your Application Form by 25 November 2018.
1 Nov 2018: Applications Open
25 Nov 2018: Applications Close
31 Dec 2018: Confirm selected mentees against eligibility criteria
31 Jan 2019: Confirm all mentor-mentee match
February 2019: Mentoring partnership commences
- Orientation briefing 5:00pm – 7:00pm Wednesday 13 Feb (to be confirmed)
- Launch 5:00pm – 7:00pm Wednesday 20 Feb (to be confirmed)